Q: Which denomination is behind this method of teaching?
- A: When you have followed the 72plan and completed it you will not once have found the notion of “denomination” in the entire Bible. All denominations are said to emanate from their own understanding of the Bible. But neither the Bible, nor indeed The Lord Himself recognize their legitimacy. There is no specific denominational bias behind this work. The selection of the 72 is however entirely my own, and I am sure many would have come to select differently. But this is what I was led to Assemble.
Q: How do we follow on from the 72Windows plan.
- A: The next set of studies that are available for printing and distribution are the “Alpha to Omega” sixteen studies in which you will compare the first and the last books in the Bible. Th e purpose being that if you see the beginning of all things and the end of them together, then you will see the Master mind of the Holy Spirit behind the entire 66 books of the Bible. Seeing the Bible whole no longer allows you to treat the bible as if it was a loose assembly of bricks with which you build any kind of towers.
Q: What is meant by saying that t is not a series of lectures?
- A: The purpose of the 72 plan is to make men and women, boys and girls familiar with the words of God for themselves. We trust them to be able and willing to be led by the Word and the Spirit to the living Lord Jesus Christ. When someone turns them into his lectures it would narrow down the discovery of truth to that lecturer alone, and severely narrow the understanding to be gleaned by the many. The biblical truth is that we all see only in part. If only one part is allowed to tell what they think they see in the Word, then people will have their understanding only from one source.
Q: Should we invite non-believers to partake in a series of such studies?
- A: Obviously a group consisting entire of non-believers need a Believer to lead it. That which is spiritual cannot be understood without the Spirit as the interpreter. But reading the word allows the Spirit to convict the reader of truth, and so people join the group out of curiosity and many come to a saving faith in Christ through the Words of Christ. We come to the Word in order to have the Lord come to us. The personal interaction between people gives opportunity for personal testimony and that is true evangelism.
Q: Can we keep the material or do you want it back to be used for another group of people?
- A: initially we thought that once people had done the 72windows they would have seen their need of the Bible since the plan is no substitute for it. But we are informed that many want to keep it for their future reading of the Bible. Having said that we encourage all who have been blessed by doing the 72Windows to find the means as a sacrifice to God to sponsor the production of a copy for someone else. The cost will be the equivalent of about 2 USD. Not much if it leads a human being to eternal life.